We need your strong prayer support as we develop a special equipping event for church leaders. This event will equip church leaders to stand in the authority of Jesus Christ and in the power of the Holy Spirit. To overcome Satan’s attacks against the local congregation, which is the vanguard of the Kingdom of God on earth.
The local church is under assault. What congregation does not deal with conflict to some degree or another? In some cases, this conflict has reached the level where the church is being split. For some, church leadership is in crisis due to personal and family breakdowns.
We live in an increasingly post-Christian culture which is hostile to Biblical faith and to our Judeo-Christian values and morality. Congregations that are seeking to be faithful witnesses to Jesus Christ, holding true to the Bible as the Word of God, and to move in the power of the Holy Spirit, are under an assault that is both cultural and demonic.
All of this is due to the very deep reality of human sin which taints every dimeson of human life, and every human institution, including the church of Jesus Christ.
The remedy is the Gospel of Jesus Christ and being born again into the Kingdom of God where we are in the process of sanctification. The preaching of the Word of God, Biblical teaching, Bible study, congregational life and ministry all have a role.
We as spiritual leaders of the Church (Ruling, Teaching Elders, Pastors, and Church leaders) are often well equipped through our seminary training and pastoral experience in these critical areas of providing the pastoral work.
But what is often neglected is the spiritual and demonic dimension behind the human sinfulness and human organizational dynamics. This is the dimension that St. Paul spoke of when he said:
“For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world rulers of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavens.Ephesians 6:12 (NET)
The Purpose of this Event
This equipping retreat at the Community of the Cross will provide a safe context where church leaders may:
- Pray for and receive the Baptism/Infilling with the Holy Spirit for empowerment for ministry.
- Grow in the authority of Jesus Christ to provide spiritual leadership for their congregations.
- Grow in the gifts needed to discern the work of the Holy Spirit and of the demonic within the congregation.
- Learn how to practically discern and overcome demonic strongholds within the congregation which are blocking the work of Jesus Christ.
- Grow in the practical tactics of intercession and spiritual warfare.
- Learn how to develop a “prayer cohort” within their congregational for intercession and spiritual warfare.
- Receive ministry and experience healing from the wounding and battles that they have been through so they may be restored to effective service in God’s Kingdom.
The Teaching Contents at the Event
Drawing on our Dunamis Project which has equipped leaders for growing the church and advancing the Kingdom of God in Canada, UK, USA and nations in Africa, Asia, and Latin America we have developed the following teaching materials to address specific topics.
These topics will be addressed through teaching by leaders from the frontlines of spiritual warfare in local congregations and in missions.
Case studies of actual encounters with demonic strongholds in local congregations will be shared by the veterans who have gone through the battles.
We are eager to pass on to you what we have learned, often through terrible wilderness experiences.
Some of the specific topics which will be addressed are:
- Understanding and growing in the authority that Jesus Christ has promised us to provide anointed leadership in His Body, the Church. Luke 10:17-20, Matthew 28:18-20
- Jesus’ equipping for empowered ministry, —praying for and receiving this empowerment promised us by Jesus so that we can be His witnesses. Acts 1:4-8
- Understanding how Satan works to build demonic strongholds as his primary method of blocking the advancement of the Gospel and compromising and destroying church leaders and congregations.
- Cultivating the gifts of discernment, identifying the presence of evil spirits and those people through, or in whom, they are working in the local congregation.
- The strategies and tactics of intercession and spiritual warfare for overcoming the demonic strongholds and redeeming the people who have been used by Satan as weapons against the church.
- Discerning and overcoming Satan’s tactics to destroy church leaders.
- Restoration to ministry in the Kingdom of God after spiritual warfare and wilderness.
- How to develop a prayer cohort for protecting the congregation and to be the prayer vanguard for the congregation taking part in advancing the Kingdom of God locally and globally.
- Introduction to the practical resources offered by PRMI for preparing your congregation to be a “Kingdom congregation” taking part in the embodying the Kingdom of God, in which Jesus Christ is working as Prophet Priest and King.
An Opportunity for Personal and Confidential Prayer Ministry
Many of us in spiritual leadership have been emotionally, spiritually and even physically wounded by conflicts in the church. Some of us have contended with curses and demonic attacks, so in addition to the corporate teaching, case studies, and ministry times in which we will be praying for each other. We are offering healing and deliverance prayer ministry by well-equipped teams.
This must be set up and scheduled ahead of time. You can email the PRMI office for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org) There is an assessment process that is used to provide the right team and ministry for you. (Note this is NOT a counseling service. It is
Just the Start…
It is our intention that this be a prototype event. Out of the event we hope to develop the following materials as part of our Growing the Church – Kingdom Congregations Initiative:
- An event that can be offered to congregations whose leaders need to be equipped to discern demonic strongholds in their local congregations.
- A teaching manual and workbook on this topic … most of this is already contained in our Dunamis Project
- A book on this topic.
- A moderated online course for church leaders for equipping in discernment.
- An equipped team of experienced leaders who can use these materials and also assist congregations and church leaders who are under attack.
How you can take part!
Is the Lord calling you to be an on or off-site intercessor for this event? Since this event strikes at the heart of Satan’s strategy to block the advancement of the Kingdom of God by destroying church leaders and congregations, we need powerful intercessory prayer cover for this event.
Do you as a church leader need to take part in this equipping? Are you going through spiritual warfare in your congregation?
Are you a well-experienced Church leader, who has been through spiritual battles in your congregation? Would you be willing to take part in this event in order to provide prayer ministry and mentoring of those who are going through the battles that you have been through?
Are you a member of the PRMI Dunamis Fellowship? Would you be interested in being a mentor for other church leaders and being able to help equip pastors as well as congregations in equipping for spiritual warfare?
Is the Lord calling you to help support this event financially? A pioneer event of this type is expensive as time and resources are required to prepare the materials in advance. There is no registration fee for the event, but an offering will be taken to help cover the expenses of the event.
If the Lord is prompting you in any of these areas please let our prayer mobilizer Martin Boardman (email@example.com) know so we can continue to plan effectively for this event.
Above all please be praying for us as we continue to work out the details for this event and prepare the materials. This is a significant challenge to kingdom advancement and we need your prayer cover.
Learn More: Presbyterian-Reformed Ministries International