We are all giving thanks for the release of the Rev. Andrew Brunson on Friday, October 12, 2018. He was imprisoned over two years in Turkey, a nation dominated by Islam, for his witness to Jesus Christ.
The Rev. Richard White, pastor of Christ Community Church in Montreat, NC, joins me in offering a celebratory prayer for God’s amazing intervention. Rev. White is Andrew Brunson’s pastor, and Christ Community Church is Andrew’s home church.
We also are called to pray to advance the Gospel into Turkey and for protection against Satan’s counter-attacks.
Please take a moment to join us as we share our joy.
Brad Long and Richard White Rejoice Together Over the Release of Andrew Brunson
Also, Richard White gave an excellent interview on his experience in the courtroom during the trial. As an intercessor you may find it helpful to prayerfully review his report.
As you know, President Trump invited Rev. Brunson to the White House. To give you further insight on how God is moving, I have included a video of Andrew praying for President Trump and Trump’s comments. Andrew was truly anointed in his prayer for Trump. And as Trump says in the video, “from Turkish prison to the White House in twenty-four hours, that’s not bad.”
- Give thanks to God for the answer to prayer in Andrew’s release. “The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.” (Psalm 126:3)
- Give thanks for the opportunities Andrew is having to bear witness to Jesus Christ now that he is back in the United States.
- Continue to pray for protection for Andrew, Norine and their family as they adjust back to life in North America. Pray Psalm 91 over them and ask the Lord to sustain them.
- Pray for cancellation of any plans and schemes of the enemy for backlash over Andrew’s release. Pray for Andrew, the church in Turkey, and the church in the United States. Pray that these schemes would be exposed and neutralized.
- Pray for a harvest of the seeds Andrew sowed in Turkey throughout his twenty-three years of ministry there. Pray for the gospel message to spread throughout the country.
- Ask the Lord to bless and strengthen the church in Turkey, so that her witness is strong and bold for Christ.
- Pray that the strongholds of the enemy which seek to block the gospel would be demolished.
Andrew Brunson was held in a prison in the city of Ismir. You may feel the Lord calling you to continue prayer cover for Andrew, his family, and the expansion of the gospel in Turkey. If you do, please contact our Prayer Mobilizer, Martin Boardman (firstname.lastname@example.org). He will be establishing a small group cohort to pray for this.
Brad Long and Martin Boardman