As we continue to pray for the United States of America, amid the protests and violence that has dominated the news in recent days, it is clear that as a country, there needs to be healing to move forward.
As intercessors, we are called to pray out the work of the enemy and pray in the work which God is doing. In this article, we shall review how we have been praying out what the enemy wants to do and how we can now be praying in what the Lord wants to do. These principles don’t just apply to the United States but to all leaders. They are especially needed for the United States right now.
Praying Out the Plans of the Enemy
Thanks for all of those who joined the prayer call on June 4 on discerning and exposing the high level demonic spirit of lawlessness. Here is the DTT article in which we give some guidelines for dealing with the demonic spirit of lawlessness operating in the United States of America right now. https://discernwith.us/binding-the-spirit-of-lawlessness.
This gathering was an amazing time of prayer. Around 90 people from the USA, Canada, the UK, and South Africa joined in a time of intercession, primarily in the United States. The Holy Spirit led us first through the verbal establishment of the Lordship of Jesus Christ by personal proclamation of our faith.
We then moved into a time of individual and corporate confession and repentance of our sins having to do with racism. This repentance involved our own as well as our ancestors. We cannot deal with demonic strongholds that the devil is working through in our societies unless we first deal with them in ourselves.
The rest of the time together was spent cooperating with the Holy Spirit in intercession and spiritual warfare to block Satan’s plans for evil and to pray for the advancement of God’s kingdom work.
I believe that most of what was accomplished took place in the spiritual realm, which we expect will have consequences within the earthly realm. Some of these anticipated results which we will need to continue to pray into are as follows:
- Pray for the piercing of the demonic cloaking, so that the demonic strongholds are exposed. These strongholds are intentionally invoking the archon of lawlessness whom the devil does not want us to see. This piercing is happening. We can see evidence of this in Attorney General William Barr’s press conference in which he names various groups.
- Pray for the removal of radical groups from the right (Nazis, KKK, White Supremacist, etc.) and the left (Antifa, and other Marxist inspired groups) who are intentionally stirring up anarchy. The enemy wants to use these groups to weaken and destroy the United States’ constitutional government.
- Pray for the restoration of order so that our First Amendment rights may be fully expressed. In this case, it is the right to peaceful assembly. This also includes the right of people to join in protest against this grave injustice that has been committed.
- Pray for the establishment of true, Biblical justice and equality, which is based on the proposition that all men are created equal. This justice and equality is the foundation for unity and diversity established in America’s foundational documents, which are based on the Judeo-Christian and power of reason values. This restoration of justice and equality was envisioned by the great Martin Luther King Jr. and is contrary to the Marxist vision of justice, which leads to tyranny and injustice instead of justice and liberty.
- Pray that there may be true healing of United States of America.
Praying in the Work of the Lord
The protests about the death of George Floyd show that there is a national wound within the United States that needs to be healed. The fact that the protests have become global in nature indicate that the issue of racism is a truly global one and that every nation needs to experience the work of healing.
The intense violence that has erupted with in the United States is also an indication of the need for healing. Especially as the violence threatens to undermine the principles and foundation of the United States. America needs prayer.
The Call to Pray for the Healing of the Nation
The call to pray for the United states right now is for restoration:
- Restoration of the foundations of the principles upon which the country was established.
- The constraint of anarchy which threatens to destroy that order.
- The move beyond the restoration of law and order to the deep healing necessary to heal the nation’s racial and political divides.
Both church and government have roles to play within this work of restoration. As intercessors our call is to pray that both of these organizations would be able to bring restoration to the land.
We need to pray that the church will be effective in ministering healing through God’s grace and would continue to share the good news of Jesus Christ who is able to bring healing to these issues.
But we are also called to pray for the structures of government who have the role within the democratic society of upholding the Judeo-Christian values our society is based upon. And which are rooted in the Scriptures.
So for all governmental leaders in whatever country we are a part of we need to be praying that they will remain rooted and grounded within the governmental procedures and principles which are found in the Word of God.
Over the past few days, a number of pictures have emerged which can be helpful in guiding and directing how we can pray. The pictures relate to President Trump, but the prayer principles behind the pictures apply to all political leaders.
While the pictures may well have been photo-opportunities, and as such may be considered to be staged, the images themselves can be looked at as prophetic pictures which the Lord is calling intercessors to pray into. They give us a glimpse of a preferred future which the Lord invites us to pray into, which is the nature of prophecy.
Picture 1: Kneeling before the Lord.
In this picture the President and First Lady are kneeling before an image reflecting Jesus Christ as the prince of peace. This picture was taken at the Saint John Paul II National Shrine, June 2, in Washington DC, before the President signed the new executive order on international religious freedom.
The image gives us a picture of what we hope and pray every leader’s posture would be, that is, kneeling in humble submission before God.
How we can pray
- Pray that our leaders would be submitted before God.
- Pray that the government would recognize that it operates under the authority of God .
- Pray that ideologies, which oppose God and which seek to dethrone him and replace him with the state or another human being in God’s role, would not gain any group or prosper within the country.
- Pray that government leaders would not place themselves above God’s law, and that they would be protected from any Jezebel spirit who might tempt them to do that (Jezebel tempted king Ahab to put himself above God and God’s law in 1 Kings 21).
Picture 2: Support Structure for LeadersEmbed from Getty Images
This second picture shows President Trump holding a Bible and is surrounded by advisors. This picture was taken outside St. John’s Church, which was burned by rioters this past week.
Again, this picture can give us some prayer principles which we can apply to not just President Trump, but any leader.
How we can pray
- We need to pray that our government leaders would be men and women who carry and read the Bible. We need to pray that those who do not know the Lord would accept his grace and salvation and those who do would continue to grow in their faith and in the depth and width of wisdom and relationship with Jesus Christ.
- We need to pray that governmental leaders would uphold the Biblical foundations seen in Scripture and which we see in a Judeo-Christian worldview.
- We need to pray that our leaders would be surrounded by godly advisors. In the Old Testament, we have the example of Joseph and Daniel who provided godly guidance and leadership for the governmental leaders of their day. So, we need to pray that Donald Trump and other leaders would have Christian advisors and leaders surrounding them who can provide wisdom and discernment as they seek to lead.
- Pray that these advisors would be able to help move the nation towards healing and restoration.
- In addition to advisors like Daniel and Joseph, we can also pray that governmental leaders would have the support of people like Aaron, who supported Moses in his role of leadership. At times Aaron even became the spokesman for Moses. So, pray for people who can help leaders to speak and communicate well.
We can use these images as a place to begin in prayer. Ask that God will use them as prophetic words to constrain the power of evil that is rampaging through the nation and bring justice as well as healing.
Praying for Protection for the President of the United States.
There will be a supermoon on the night of Friday, June 5, 2020. A super moon happens when a full moon occurs at the point where the moon is closest to the earth in its orbit thus making the moon seem larger and brighter than normal.
The moon is often used by occultists and witches as part of their rites and spells and there have been a number of suggestions that there are ceremonies planned to curse President Trump during this time, in a similar way to how witches in the past have sought to curse the president.
So please pray Psalm 91 over the president, his family, staff and cabinet and that any plans of the enemy would be frustrated during this time.
Great prayer insights for the present times in USA and nations
Thank you so much for this. I am praying accordingly.
Really helpful pointers on how to pray.
Thank you for this beautiful dialogue on praying for our nation. I will join with you in prayer. God Bless!