“Pray for the peace of Jerusalem! May those who love her prosper! May there be peace inside your defenses, And prosperity inside your fortresses! For the sake of my brothers and my neighbors I will say, ‘May there be peace in you!'”
The Two-Fold Work of Praying “Thy Kingdom Come”
Many people hope and pray for the peace of Jerusalem.
Praying for God’s peace, as in Psalm 122:6-8, puts us into the two-fold work of praying, “Thy Kingdom Come.” The first work is praying for the advancement of the Kingdom of God. The second work is our role of engagement with the Holy Spirit to “destroy the works of the Devil.”
Both works are expressed in an opening moment of opportunity for us to pray into, a witness at the epicenter of God’s unfolding plans for the fulfillment of Romans 11.
It was in the city of Jerusalem at Pentecost that the Holy Spirit was poured out. From there He began–in successive waves–His 2000-year westward journey which is now converging back at that same geographic space: the city of Jerusalem.
We are now in an epoch in which the Father is putting into place what is needed for the fulfillment of the Great Commission.
This is why the Father is calling His people worldwide to do the extraordinary work of prayer in this season of Passover and Easter, praying “Thy Kingdom Come” and praying for the peace of Jerusalem.
The first work of praying “Thy Kingdom Come” is praying for the wave of the Holy Spirit bringing Jews back to the Land and to faith in Yeshua haMashiach (Jesus the Messiah) and for the peace of Jerusalem.
Right now, as Passover (April 11-18) begins and Easter (April 16) approaches, I believe Jesus is calling all of us to join Him in praying for the fulfillment of God’s vision for the peace of Jerusalem.
This is the first great wave of the Holy Spirit which is bringing the Jewish people back to the Land of Israel in fulfillment of Old Testament prophesy.
Secondly, the Holy Spirit is working in Jewish hearts and minds to return the chosen remnant of the Jewish people to faith in Yeshua haMashiach (Jesus the Messiah) in fulfillment both of Old Testament prophesy and the prophetic hope of St. Paul expressed in Romans 11.
Praying for God’s Peace Plan for Jerusalem
A Jewish believer in Yeshua living in Jerusalem that I know reports:
“The Orthodox community of Jerusalem believes and knows that the time of the ‘coming’/returning of the Messiah is close. Yes, every generation believes this and every Jew–every day–prays for this. However, things are different for this generation.”
What is different? It is the moving of the Holy Spirit in a kairos moment of opportunity—which we are being called to pray into by praying into reality Paul’s prophetic hope in Romans 11.
Remember that prophecy is not just predicting the future but the invitation from the Father to join with Him through prayers and obedience to create the future. So join with us in praying in the following prophetic hopes:
- Romans 11:25 – “For I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be conceited: A partial hardening has happened to Israel until the full number of the Gentiles has come in.”
- Romans 11:15 – “For if their rejection is the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead?”
- Romans 11:23-24 – “And even they — if they do not continue in their unbelief — will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again. (24) For if you were cut off from what is by nature a wild olive tree, and grafted, contrary to nature, into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these natural branches be grafted back into their own olive tree?”
This is the way to pray for God’s Peace Plan! In a future Discerning the Times we will address cooperating with the Holy Spirit in defeating Satan’s peace plan for Jerusalem.
Events Connected with this Discernment
There are a number of PRMI and Dunamis Fellowship International events connected with this discernment coming up that are listed below.
If the Lord is calling you to take part in any of these, please be in touch with Cindy Strickler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for everyone joining in this work of prayer. Please pass on any discernment you may have.
- A Team from the UK be going to Jerusalem on a strategic prayer mission this summer or fall.
- The Discerning the Times event taking place in England, Tuesday 16th – Saturday 20th May 2017
- The Mountain Top Equipping Camp for Intercessors and Spiritual Warriors taking place at the Community of the Cross, June 26-July 1 2017
- The Jerusalem Prayer Endeavor, November 7-14, 2017 where we will be at Christ Church for a number of days (we will offer a Prayer Endeavor in Feb 2018 as well, but the dates have not yet been set).
[…] my last Discerning the Times I talked about God’s peace plan for Jerusalem–the waves of the Holy Spirit converging on […]