Prayer Communique from Rev. Dr. Zeb Bradford Long November 2, 2021
This guidance is not a prophetic word from PRMI.
I have just had a wonderful break from this particular prayer battle. Laura and I took last Thursday through Sunday off to celebrate Laura’s birthday with her family, and then in Richmond, VA, we had the joy of visiting Rebecca and Josh and Addie and Patrick.
On Sunday, we both took part in the installation of Josh as Co-Pastor with Rev. Keith Hill of St. Giles Presbyterian Church. St. Giles in the 1960s was the vanguard of the Charismatic Movement and a leader in forming the Presbyterian Christian Communion, which later became PRMI!
Wonderful time! Thank you to all who prayed during this time.
This morning, the day before the election, I woke up with the Holy Spirit upon me speaking the following words that I offer to you for your discernment as to how the Lord may be calling us to pray on November 2 and 3 and for the rest of the week.
This guidance was a follow:
First, the verse came from Amos 3:7-8
Amos 3:7-8 TLV For the Lord Adonai, will do nothing, unless He has revealed His counsel to His servants the prophets. (8) A lion has roared, who will not fear? My Lord Adonai has spoken, who shall not prophesy?
I have been struggling with the guidance I received last week about the election. The more I have prayed into this guidance and shared it with others, the more I believe that I need to take a risk and share it with a wider audience and invite you to discern it and pray as the Holy Spirit leads you.
This guidance is not a prophetic word from PRMI.
It is guidance that I received, and I believe it is from the Lord and needs to be shared.
I share this with you as trusted intercessors and ask you to pray into it. If it rings true to you, feel free to share this with others. This is the call beyond politics! Into prayer that shapes the future.
Praying into the guidance that I received on October 26 at the Community of the Cross:
I believe I heard the Holy Spirit say to me,
“I (God the Father) am giving my servant President Donald John Trump four more years to continue to work for the peace of Jerusalem, to thwart the plans of those plotting to destroy America’s Biblical foundations, to bring healing of the nation from the wounds of Covid pandemic, to restore prosperity for all people and the world, and to give my people who call on my name both the freedom and the time to pray in the great outpouring of the Holy Spirit that will restore America’s heart and fulfill the Great Commission unto the ends of the earth.”
This guidance came softly like the still small voice that I suspect must have been like what Elijah heard in the cave of Mount Sinai.
As all this sank into me, I looked up and saw a bright pathway of sunlight in the sky just between the two mountain peaks across the valley, bordered on either side with dark swirling clouds. This was both in my mind’s eye as well in the sky. I thought of the Lord parting the Red Sea so that the people of Israel could cross over on dry land.
I listened as I believe the Lord continued to speak,
“I am going to work a miracle so that all will know that I am Lord. My servant Trump was humbled before Me through the virus that wrecked the economy and ravaged his own body. He will be given a second term to continue in even greater degree the work I have decreed through him. But for this miracle of Trump’s electoral victory to take place, the doors must be held open to that path of My light by the prayers of My intercessors through whom I will push back the powers of evil as I did the waters of the Red Sea.”
It is urgent that we step into our places of intercession today and tomorrow and for the next week. If the Lord confirms on your heart that this guidance is from Him, please join me in praying.
This is a Difficult Assignment for Intercessors:
When I sent this out, I received a lot of feedback, most confirming that it was on track, but also, I was met by a lot of demonic and human pushback.
- This push back makes me know that it is much easier and less risky to just write about history rather than to take part with God in creating it!
- It is also much more comfortable to celebrate guidance after it has met all four guidelines for discernment by actually having been fulfilled, rather than to invite people into the place of intercession to take part with Jesus Christ in the struggle “not with flesh and blood but the powers and principalities of this present darkness” to pray and obey in God’s future. But the role of the intercessor is in the gap! In the frontlines of the advancing God’s Kingdom, while it is uncertain, and everything is in doubt as to the outcome in which we are called to play a part.
- There weighs on me the terrible weight of knowing that while God is sovereign and He can always redeem our mistakes or our lack of faith or disobedience, we are still responsible to speak and act in obedience to the guidance that He has given us. “A lion has roared, who will not fear? My Lord Adonai has spoken, who shall not prophesy?” Our actions or lack of actions do have profound consequences in our doing our part in the great dance of cooperating with the Holy Spirit.
How Could it be that God could use President Trump for the healing of the Nation and the Nations?
I have been asked, how is it possible for someone like Trump with the personality he has to be used by God to bring healing of America’s soul and for the wounds of the Covid pandemic? Yes, I struggle with that one too, and have been praying about it.
The answer and this is just my opinion, is as follows:
- I believe that most of the divisiveness about President Trump is actually not caused by President Trump himself, but by the Radical Left. They are working out of the Saul Alinsky Rules for Radical Playbook of endlessly echoing lies and half-truths designed to create divisiveness. Like the one that President said, there were good Nazis, or that he has not denounced and repudiated White Supremacy but supports groups like the KKK.
- The second observation is that the way that God can use President Trump for healing the nation is that the role of the President through actions and words to call us back to our Judeo-Christian Foundations embodied in the US Constitution and Declaration of Independence. These Biblical principles, like all men are created equal in the image of God, are the foundations for true healing and restoration.
- The third basis for God using President Trump to bring heal and restoration is that the one who brings true healing and restoration is the God revealed in the Bible. President Trump has publicly acknowledged this God, as revealed in the Bible. (See my prayer guide a Godly Defense of America) Trump, like President Truman, has honored and protected the Jewish people and supported and protected Israel. When a President or a nation does honor the Jewish people, that is the way of blessing and healing from God almighty. This is in accord with Old Testament promises to Abraham (Genesis 12:3, TLV) as the British Jewish Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli, who summarized this promise with the word, “The Lord deals with the nations as the nations deal with the Jews.”
How will the Holy Spirit work through the Church, If Trump is given four more years of being President?
Steve, a friend and discerning intercessor, sent me this word that we were to urgently pray into: “ask the Holy Spirit to follow up on the vision with the vision of what follows when the Church seizes the opportunity of 4 more Trump years – what does that really look like? “
It is the LEADING EDGE of the move of the Holy Spirit. But what is the LEADING EDGE of the movement of the Holy Spirit that we will be given the maneuvering room to live into if we are given four more Trump years?”
We all need to pray into this! But here is what the Holy Spirit is giving me! As a starting point:
- Praying for and living into an outpouring of the Holy Spirit, giving biblical faith in the Church.
- The Church, praying and working for, and living into the healing from the deep wounds from racial injustice.
- The Church of Jesus Christ is living out the vision of the Kingdom of God in which Biblical Justice takes place so that the vision of Martin Luther King’s I have a Dream may be fulfilled first in the Church and then in Society.
- The Church of Jesus Christ has the freedom of speech and assembly, the space without persecution, the economic means because of prosperity, to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ in the power of the Holy Spirit to all of America and the nations as well.
- That there may be the fulfillment of Acts 1:4-8, the equipping of disciples of Jesus Christ to fulfill the Great Commission within the Next decade of 2020.
- That the Church of Jesus Christ will take full advantage of the freedom of expression as well a financial abundance that may be provided by the Trump Second Term to fulfill the Great Commission in the Next Decade.