from Rev. Dr. Zeb Bradford Long
November 12, 2020
Thank you all for being a part of this amazing prayer engagement for advancing the Kingdom of God. Please keep praying for one another as we need major support for this work.
This Communique is going out to the entire mailing list of Discerning the Times. My purpose is to bring you more deeply into the dynamic of intercession and spiritual warfare that has been taking place.
This movement of intercession is global and diverse, and we are one small tributary in this great movement of the Holy Spirit advancing the Kingdom of God. This prayer movement’s vanguard is what we call prayer cohorts who are small teams of intercessors given special assignments.
One biblical example of a cohort is Moses, Aaron, and Hur up on the hill as Joshua with the army is fighting the Amalekites in the valley in Exodus 17. An historical example is the prayer gathering in 1940 around Rees Howells at the Bible College of Wales during the Battle of Dunkirk.
A number of highly focused cohorts have been intensely engaged over these months and during this time of the election. No doubt they will continue to be deployed in the weeks ahead during this extremely dangerous and volatile transition time.
Martin Boardman and I are primarily responsible for these communications going to this global network of intercessors. We are joined by a small team that helps us continually discern what goes out to whom and when. There is a rigorous process of discernment to ensure that we stay on track with the Holy Spirit’s guidance and do not get deceived.
It is important also that we stay within the vision and calling that God has given PRMI and the DFI of which this intercessory prayer work is just a part. Besides prayer we have three other vision initiatives that we are called to – these are equipping, growing the church and missions. Those involved in this discernment process often have very different political perspectives and a number are from Canada and the United Kingdom.
We are feeling led to send this Communique out to the whole group of intercessors who have signed up for the Discerning the Times mailing.
After Action Review (AAR)
We have been through an amazingly intense time of intercession and spiritual warfare starting around October 29. On Monday, November 9, about 20 intercessors from Canada, the USA, the UK, and the Czech Republic did an After Action Review (AAR) over Zoom. They gathered with only about 30 minutes notice which was remarkable. In this AAR, we walked through each day of intensive intercession and discussed the most salient events. I will not review it in detail here.
However, here are some summary points that we want to pass on to you, which may guide your prayer work.
- There were many points where we found that we had corresponding experiences in the realm of the Spirit. We discovered that many intercessors, in different networks, like Intercessors for America, were all led to pray along the same lines.
- One case in point was the awareness between 1:30-2:30 am on the 4th that some type of demonic invasion into America by spirits from Marxism, especially from Communist China such as lawlessness, the antichrist and deception was taking place. We were called to pray against this invasion. (We also noted that there was some objective verification that the ways we were led to pray were, in fact, real. But at this point, it is premature to make any definitive statements of how the Lord has used our prayers, so we must live in that terrible tension of walking by faith and trusting Jesus’ guidance.)
- It was strongly affirmed that a “shift” of orientation must begin to occur even before we have moved beyond this present prayer engagement. This shift is praying for the great outpouring of the Holy Spirit to advance the Kingdom of God to the ends of the earth.
- I believe the shift into that prayer focus took place at the worship service on Sunday, November 8, held at the COC. We were joined in the Spirit by many on the full Discerning the Times mailing list. We believe that we were called just as God called Jehoshaphat (2 Chronicles 20) to step further into the prayer work by re-consecration and praise and trust. While we must continue the prayer battles as the Holy Spirit leads us, the main battle has always been for this outpouring of the Holy Spirit to advance the Gospel of Jesus Christ, regardless of what happens in the political and human sphere. See below for these prayer points.
- We received confirmation of our prayers that the high-level demonic spirits of the antichrist and lawlessness that are being welcomed through the antichrist ideology of Marxism, occult witchcraft rituals, and disobedience to God’s law, must not be allowed to take over from any direction or movement, party, or in any elected or unelected political leader.
- Some of us were confirmed in our calling specifically to pray for President Trump’s soul.
I (Brad Long) shared how the awful calling upon me personally was through “stepping into President Trump’s shoes” through identification with him. I was called to pray that he would not “dethrone God” and would not give in to the antichrist spirit. (1 John 4:2-3) He has all the POTENTIAL, not saying he will, to be used by Satan in that antichrist role IF he “dethrones God.”
I am personally called to keep praying into this image of the President and the First Lady kneeling before the Lamb of God. Regardless of his future position, it would be catastrophic for the Kingdom of God, the United States, Israel, and the nations if President Trump gives in to the antichrist spirit.
This was a soul wrenching experience in which I think I was called to confess on behalf of President Trump his many appalling sins. How the Lord uses this I am honestly not sure, I just know that I was called into this.This is based on the prayer guide I sent out entitled “A Godly Defense of the Nation.” You can download it here.
(This is essentially the same prayer battle I was called to for constraining Candidate Trump’s tendencies toward tyranny when my daughter Elizabeth received the word in February 2016 that he was being tempted to become the “next Hitler.”
I reported that in my book, Called Beyond Politics to History Shaping Prayer. You can download that book here: check out the chapter “Is Trump the Next Hitler?” What I learned from that costly engagement applies in this present engagement.)
Do you witness to this prayer calling?
A few of you have already witnessed to it and have joined with me in praying in agreement in the Name of Jesus. If you are called to battle for President Trump to keep God on the throne and keep himself off of it, please let me know.
I need strong prayer cover protection for this as it is one of the decisive fronts in the prayer battle. This critical battle for President Trump’s soul is directly connected to God’s Kingdom intentions through him regardless of the official outcome of the election.
I want to let all of you know about my call to this battle in case you are called to join me. This is a calling beyond politics and has to do with God’s disciplining of the nations and the nations’ leaders. I am just telling you what my calling is because I suspect that for God’s will to prevail in President Trump’s soul, it will take many intercessors praying in the name of Jesus for him.
Now others may be called to pray for other political figures such as Joe Biden. Please go with what the Lord is calling you to do. Please let us know so we may support you in that calling.
Prayer Directions for your Discernment
In summary, here are some suggested directions for this work of prayer: (I suspect that the Lord will be calling us into different cohorts to focus on the following key points.)
Praying for political leaders not to give in to the antichrist spirit or the spirit of lawlessness.
See above my personal calling to be an intercessor for President Trump. And also, consider the word that Martin Boardman brought referring back to Rees Howells: “Man’s extremity is God’s opportunity” – Samuel Rees Howells.
These times of “man’s extremity” can also be Satan’s chance to deceive people who are not firmly grounded on the rock of Jesus Christ. Intercessors, please pray against Satan being able to do that in any of our leaders.
Continuing to pray Psalm 64
They are firming up their evil plan. They talk about setting secret traps. They asked, “Who would see them?” (7) They are plotting injustices: “We have completed a perfect plot!” A man’s inward part and heart are deep. (8) But God will shoot them with an arrow—suddenly their wounds will appear. (9) So their tongue will be their downfall. All who see them will flee away. (10) Then all men will fear. So they will declare the work of God, and ponder what He has done. (11) The righteous will be glad in Adonai and take refuge in Him. Let all the upright in heart give glory!Psalms 64:6-7 TLV
Pray in the Great Outpouring of the Holy Spirit that will have the following aspects starting first in the Church of Jesus Christ:
A true Holy Spirit revival which will change the heart and soul will have the following attributes.
- Will be centered in Jesus Christ – Jesus Christ as the Way, the Truth, and the Life and the only way to God the Father (John 14:6).
- Will be grounded in the Bible as the Word of God (2 Timothy 3: 16-17).
- Will welcome the baptism with the Holy Spirit to receive power for restoring the Kingdom to Israel, changing hearts and minds, and creating Jesus’ witnesses to all nations. (Acts 1:4-8)
- Will be fulfilling Jesus’ prayer for unity in which all who follow Jesus Christ will be ONE in fellowship centered in Him. (John 17: 20-23)
- Will through the Holy Spirit’s outpouring lead to the fulfillment of the Great Commission within ten years. We have before us a window of opportunity to fulfill the Great Commission. (Matthew 28:16-20) I know it is a little crazy, but I keep getting the guidance that there will be an unprecedented opportunity to fulfill the Great Commission. This is not a prophecy, but an invitation to pray in this kingdom objective of making disciples of all nations.
- Will advance the Kingdom of God which transforms every dimension of reality, “For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD as the waters cover the sea.” (Habakkuk 2:14 ESV)
This outpouring of the Holy Spirit must start with the Church of Jesus Christ, which will then be empowered to transform the nations.
Pray for Guidance for the Next Phase of the Prayer and Spiritual Warfare Work Our Commander in Chief Jesus Maybe Calling us Into.
I believe the devil is preparing some sort of massive response to this outpouring of the Holy Spirit, which has already begun, and which has the potential and purpose of completing the Great Commission within the next decade.
We seem to be entering a fraught time in America and the world with great potential for good or evil. Historically such times of unrest and uncertainly have been used by Satan to advance his evil plans.
The grave danger that we face is the possible undoing of a primary American value which is the smooth and peaceful transition of governing power. This is all under threat. But the Lord already has in mind how we as intercessors are called to overcome these Satanic plans.
We just need to be ready and willing to hear and receive whatever assignments He may have for us in this great battle for the Soul of America and the West AND for Advancing the Kingdom of God through Jesus Christ.
Thanks so much for joining in this great work of intercession for advancing the Kingdom of God! And please pass on any discernment you have.
On a personal note: Many of us have been intensely involved in this prayer work for days and nights. We are exhausted and weary from this work that is strategic to the mission of Jesus Christ. As I have personally struggled to understand all this and to stay faithful to God’s call to pray thy Kingdom come, I found this video from Michael Brown extremely helpful.
I strongly confirm the word that he is bringing in this message. To me he also deals with the issue of what felt like “predictions” given that President Trump would have a second term rather than seeing prophecy as I do which is not as predictions but as an invitation to shape reality according to God’s Kingdom vision.
You can watch the video by clicking on the image below:
Please pray for our strong protection as well as clear guidance. We also need deep rest and restoration between these prayer engagements. Thank you.
Brad Long and Martin Boardman