Right now, in the wake of the terrible Islamic terrorist attack in Manchester killing children, teenagers, and adults at a concert, the UK Government needs our strong prayer covering.
The attack was timed to coincide with the campaigns for the General Election scheduled for June 8, 2017. Although these comments refer to the current UK Prime Minister Theresa May, we do not know who will be in this post in a few weeks’ time.
Whoever the UK Prime Minister is or will be after the election, they need our strong prayer covering. And we need to pray that they will grow into the four critical attributes for defeating Satan’s plans in Radical Islam.
Just as George W. Bush was changed by 9/11, pray that the Prime Minister will be changed too. And he will step into anointed leadership that is aligned with God’s Kingdom plans. Also, pray for UK leaders to be assembled who will also have those attributes.
We also need to continue to pray for “piercing the cloaking” so that the Islamic terrorist plots can be exposed and stopped.
Thanks!!! It is urgent that we be in prayer during this election period in the UK.
For those of us who will not be voting in that election, it is just as important that we be in prayer both for those who will be, and especially for the newly commissioned Prayer Cohort for the UK.
Send any discernment that you may receive to us to help guide that Cohort.
Brad Long with Martin Boardman and the Discernment Team
For Further Information
For further help in this prayer work:
- A description of the UK political system
- The Four Schemes of Satan through the Demonic Strongholds based on Islam
- Based on history, the four attributes needed by political, cultural, military and spiritual leaders to defeat the Islamic Jihad against God’s “nations of the Cross.”
Clarity about Government and Parliament in the United Kingdom
First, for clarity about the Government in the UK between now and the General Election.
There are no-longer any MPs (Members of Parliament), but the Government still exists. This is from www.parliament.uk…
What happens to the Government when Parliament is dissolved?
Parliament and Government are two separate institutions.
The Government does not resign when Parliament is dissolved. Government ministers remain in charge of their departments until after the result of the election is known and a new administration is formed.
The Prime Minister is appointed by the Sovereign. Ministers are appointed by the Sovereign on the advice of the Prime Minister. These appointments are independent of the role of MP. Ministers retain their ministerial titles after dissolution, but those who were MPs can no longer use the MP suffix.
Satan’s Four Objectives in Demonic Strongholds Based on Islam:
To help guide us in our work of prayer by exposing Satan’s plans, here again, are the four objectives that Satan is carrying out through strongholds based on Islam:
These goals of Satan help us see the deep purpose of this Islamic terrorist attack in killing innocent young people at a concert. (From: https://discernwith.us/piercing-the-cloaking-around-the-arab-israeli-conflict)
- Replace God’s way of salvation revealed in the Old and New Testaments with the deception of Islam.
- Exterminate Jews and Christians in order to replace Yahweh’s Covenants of salvation for humanity.
- Strangle the winds of the Holy Spirit blowing in the house of Islam which is bringing Muslims to saving faith in Jesus Christ.
- Establish the Islamic Caliphate from which to wage offensive jihad to accomplish the genocide of Jews and Christian and impose Islamic hegemony through Sharia law. This includes destroying the State of Israel and subverting and/or destroying the “Nations of the Cross” especially the UK and the USA which have the military, cultural, and spiritual power to block the vision of establishing the Caliphate.
The aim of Satan’s objectives is to block the waves of the Holy Spirit converging on Jerusalem fulfilling the Great Commission!
Four Attributes Needed by Leaders
In January of 2016 I sent out a Discerning The Times listing the four attributes needed by leaders to defeat the growing demonic strongholds of Radical Islam. (https://discernwith.us/praying-for-national-leaders-with-the-qualities-needed-to-defeat-the-nemesis-of-radical-islam)
- First are leaders who can see and accurately name the deadly threat that Radical Islam poses not just to the Jewish and Christian faith, but to Western culture and our institutions of individual liberty and diversity.
- Leaders who can unify the assault against Radical Islam by pulling groups with diverse interests together and uniting them in a common defense and offense.
- Leaders who understand the enemy and who can mobilize the relevant strengths of our Western culture to decisively defeat the jihadist armies of Islam.
- Leaders who understand the spiritual dimensions of the battle with Islam, including the work of prayer and intentionally seeking God’s guidance.
Basically, we are praying that God will raise up a team of leaders who embody among themselves the diverse facets of the Moses and Joshua roles.
We are praying for a team of military, political, cultural, and religious leaders who can work together. The UK Prime Minister, however, must be the one around whom these teams gather, since that is where the authority lies.
Let us pray this for the present UK Prime Minister Theresa May, the Government leaders, and those who will be elected in the June 8th General Election.
Pray that this terrorist attack in Manchester will be used by God to break through the deceptions and galvanize the emergence of a team of political, cultural, military, and spiritual leaders. Who can guard the United Kingdom against the assault from Islam that is coming, both from within and from without.
Pray too for a great movement of prayer to take place among the Christians in the United Kingdom, so that there may come an outpouring of the Holy Spirit renewing and empowering the Church of Jesus Christ!
Learn More: Presbyterian Reformed Ministries International