There seems to be the beginning of a new wave of the Holy Spirit in the Northeast of the United States. This is the area that led the way in past revivals but in recent years has been much of the source of movements leading the church away from her biblical roots. But now there are signs pointing to a new stream of the Holy Spirit at work, that I believe we are called to join in praying will become a river of revival and transformation.
See the video of Christian Zebly inviting us to pray for this new wave of the Holy Spirit.
There are signs of our Father moving to answer this past work of prayer with a new wave of the Holy Spirit. One of the catalysts that may be sparking this revival fire in the Northeast is our event called Renewing the Legacy of R.A. Torrey at the Montrose Bible Conference in PA . Another spark may be the Ignite at Brighton Presbyterian Church in Rochester, NY to take place sometime in October. I think this is a call to intercessory prayer in cooperation with the Holy Spirit.
A prayer team has been praying for the Renewing the Legacy of R.A. Torrey event and received the following guidance that may help us NOW in this work of prayer.
From: Christian Zebley Date: July 24, 2013 8:24:04 PM EDT,
Subject: Follow Up from Montrose Prayer call tonight
Dear Brad and others, I sensed a prompting to send this email upon wrapping up our prayer call with the local intercessory team in Montrose tonight. Brad, I wanted to fill you in on how the Spirit moved on our call tonight as you begin to pray and plan the teaching for the conference. Some of what we received in prayer tonight matches your letter to the Northeast contacts that is now online in the latest Moving With the Spirit, including the video we recorded (to see the letter, click HERE). Thank you! I hope this might be somewhat helpful as you pray into and prepare.
July 24, 2013 Montrose Intercessory Prayer Call:
We opened with prayer and a period of listening to the Spirit.
What we heard after a period of listening:
• God desires to do a new work but some local churches hold a bias against this event and perhaps the conference center.
• One person saw a light on the hill change into the Mount of Transfiguration along with God’s voice saying, “My Son in whom I am well pleased.” “He who has ears to hear, listen to what the Spirit is saying….”
• Love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 5:6-8 “Humble yourself before the Lord and He will lift you up.”
After listening, we then moved into intercessory prayer.
• We prayed that God would begin to pour His great love into all the wounding regarding the conference and the lack of freedom to move in the Spirit there.
• We prayed for peace and unity among the churches in Montrose and in the surrounding area.
• We began to pray for Binghamton, NY and then for New York State as a whole.
• We then turned to pray for Pennsylvania, that it would become once again a land of religious freedom as Penn had founded it long ago – freedom from the spirit of religion -a place where people from all over the Northeast could come to move freely in the Spirit. Liberty bell and a place of liberty. Religious freedom in PA.
• One of us described seeing a dam behind which the water was rising. The wheel to release water pressure began to turn counter-clockwise to release the flow of the river. “Permission Granted” was written on the handle bar of the wheel.
• We also prayed for open borders into New York, New England, Maryland and Delaware and then suddenly we realized we had not been praying for New Jersey!! With excitement we all prayed for New Jersey that many would come to the event from there. One intercessor prayed Psalm 1 over PA. We prayed for spiritual protection and to break strongholds in the Name of Jesus.
• We began to pray for Montrose which was once a stop on the underground railroad. Houses in Montrose were equipped with hiding places for slaves. Father, may Montrose once again become a place for slaves to be healed, refreshed and sustained by God’s Spirit in Jesus Christ!
• Finally, we asked the Father to grant the slaves freedom to become the Bride of Christ so that they could welcome the Bridegroom for the great wedding feast of the Lamb. Would that we may taste some of the wedding feast this summer in Montrose!
We prayed specifically for on person’s meeting with Church leaders on Friday. We asked our Father for radio spots on local radio stations as well as multiple open doors through media outlets to promote this event.
We closed by claiming Isaiah 22:22 that any door the Lord has opened no man can shut.
Thanks for all your continued prayers and work for this event.
Rev. Christian Zebley
President, Global Leadership Dynamics 323-707-3984 www.globalleadershipdynamics.org