The release of Andrew Brunson from imprisonment in Turkey has been a huge answer to prayers we have been praying for the last two years. It is a time to be thankful for what the Lord has done.
But while we are thankful for what God has done for Andrew we still need to be active in intercession to see God’s kingdom prevail against what seems to be spirits of anarchy and lawlessness at work here in the United States.
The series of events, taking place on many levels before the midterm elections seem to be an orchestrated attempt to create the conditions favorable to stirring up the Marxist/Hegelian dialectic. I wrote about this dialectic in previous issues of Discerning the Times. Example: Supreme Court Nomination Disrupted
- The orchestrated chaos which attempted to derail the Brett Kavanaugh confirmation process seemed intent on destroying the due process of law and rational discourse in the Senate. Our senators were exercising their Constitutional role of giving advice and consent regarding the President’s selection of justices to sit on the Supreme Court.
- After losing the battle to block the confirmation of Brett Kavanaugh, occultists and practitioners of witchcraft publicly announced formal rituals to curse Brett Kavanaugh.
- Primitive pipe bombs were sent to public figures by what appears to be a fervent Trump supporter. The public figures had all voiced strong criticism of President Trump.
- The terrible shooting which murdered 11 people at the Sabbat service at the Tree of Life synagogue near Pittsburg, PA, by a man who wanted to “Kill all Jews.”
- The caravan of migrants in Mexico which is growing in numbers as it proceeds toward the US border. In the midst of the people in this caravan, there are young men who are carrying flags from their nations from which they are supposedly fleeing. They are approaching the border in such numbers as to overwhelm the due process of legal immigration.
- Between now and the election on November 6th additional events are likely to stir the pot.
These events have been the unrelenting focus of the national media. The reporting has largely interpreted them in the most negative light for the Trump Administration.
There seems to be an orchestrated cascading of events guided by some malevolent, invisible hand. What is this invisible hand? It is the work of the enemy of God’s Kingdom, Satan.
Focus on the real enemy
Frankly, the facts are not all in on any of these events. We cannot at this time definitively confirm or disprove either a relationship between them or who the people are that the enemy may have used to orchestrate the events.
Speculation abounds but some links are emerging.
In this Discerning the Times I do not want to join the cacophony of voices speculating about the people who are involved.
As more facts come to light, we will no doubt be called to engage in Battlespace Two – the interface between the human and demonic leaders of the strongholds through which Satan is at work in the world. Indeed, we have already had some engagements.
Our focus needs to be the spiritual powers at work behind what we see. Scripture tells us that “… our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world rulers of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavens.” (Ephesians 6:12 NET)
It seems to me that the gates of Hell have cracked open to unleash demons commissioned to attack the United States government.
Their strategy appears to be to stir up chaos and anarchy in order to overwhelm our democratic institutions, the rule of law, and rational civic discourse.
I believe Jesus is calling us to step in at this high level to shut down the demonic interference. Currently, I am continuing in the process of discernment, while also being called into applying certain tactics.
I submit these tactics to you for discernment. Please pass on any discernment you may have about applying them so that we may work together in this.
- Pray, “Thy Kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven.” This I believe is the prayer that God’s glory and presence will rule, will be manifested on earth—especially in the midst of the political clashes taking place in America at this time before this midterm election.
- Pray that this manifestation of God’s presence will drive into the light any demonic entities or Satanic schemes that are at work in the USA.
- Pray for those in authority to be anointed by the Holy Spirit. This includes President Trump, but also other political leaders both Republican and Democrat. Pray that they may speak words which the Lord can use for blessing and as the means to accomplish God’s purposes in preserving America for His Kingdom purposes. This will include constraining the evil that Satan is stirring up in the world, as well as the positive work of healing and wholeness.
Praying for the President
I believe our President is indeed speaking words of blessing and healing. As an example, President Trump’s visit to the Jewish center in Pittsburg demonstrated his compassion.
But through the uproar of the liberal press Trump’s actions are turned to Satan’s purposes. As for instance, they blamed the shooting at the Tree of Life Synagogue on Trump. (Watch the commentators on CNN and other news outlets attempting to get the Rabbi to condemn Trump for the event.)
- Pray against the twisting work of Satan to destroy what is spoken by the President for blessing.
- Pray in agreement with the prayers of Andrew and Norine Brunson which they prayed over President Trump. You can witness their prayer recorded on this video and ask the Lord to answer.
Andrew Brunson’s Prayer for President Trump
Our Opportunity to “Steal the March” from the enemy
Now I want to turn your attention to another area of guidance that came from Steve Aceto in a letter he just sent me. This is a focus on the caravan of refugees approaching the American border. Here is what he wrote.
“I am considering whether to ask you to call the intercessors to discernment and prayer regarding reports of a wave of Central American refugees – the number is reported to be 7,500-10,000 which may not be all that high but the reporting itself is of course subject to manipulation – headed for the US southern border.
“I understand the President has promised to send US troops to the border and that the Mexican government has scrambled to restrain the incursion on their territory as well (I understand Mexico has very strict immigration laws though I don’t know whether or how they are enforced).
“Consider whether this is an opportunity for Christians to pray for wisdom and discernment for leaders and law enforcement on both sides of the border, and that the Church would respond compassionately and decisively under the leading of the Holy Spirit to the march of Central American refugee immigrants to the US southern border by stealing the march – so to speak – from the powers of darkness.
“There is potential for many innocent people, primarily of course the immigrants themselves but also the larger community in the US and Mexico, to be caught up in another attempt at cynical “dialectic” manipulation of the response by the US and Mexican administrations and media coverage, intended to manipulate US elections and further the polarization of our people.
‘But cynical manipulation by powers of darkness should not be the big story. The big story is instead real potential for God’s people to respond by intercession and acts expressing the love of the Heavenly Father for sheep for whom there is no shepherd, under the leading of the Holy Spirit, by “stealing the march” from the enemy.
Consider these verses from the Old Testament about how Israel was called by the Lord to deal with aliens and strangers in their land.
- Leviticus 19:33-34, 23:22, 24:16 and 22, 25:6 and 35, 25:23-28
- Numbers 15:14-16, 29-30
- Deuteronomy 1:16, 5:14, 10:18-19, 14:29, 24:17, 26:12-13, 27:19″
- Pray for a compassionate response from the church demonstrating the love of Christ which would overshadow any plans of the enemy.
- Pray that the church would respond in such a way so that the march is stolen from the enemy and used for kingdom advancement.
- Pray for the mobilization of Christian humanitarian groups who can offer aid and share the gospel with those who are in need.
- Pray for the families and individuals who are dealing with legitimate struggles and fears and who are caught up in this caravan. Pray that they would experience compassion
Please discern this carefully and get back to Martin and me as soon as possible.
This came today from an Intercessors for America leader:
Wanda Alger (posted on facebook)
” HOW DO WE PRAY AND POSTURE OUR HEARTS CONCERNING THIS ELECTION?
This is the essence of what I’ve been hearing from the Lord and others who have been pressing in…
Our prayers must become DECLARATIONS of the Lord’s Victory in these mid-terms and not PETITIONS coming from a heart of doubt. God is moving with a STRONG HAND in this nation to restore HIS truth and HIS justice. Do not back down and do not give in to fear, hype or media-bias. Know that GOD’S ARM IS LONG ENOUGH. He has already vetted every candidate and will CONTINUE to build on the momentum of the past 2 years UNTIL HIS WORK IS COMPLETE.
Our prayers have been heard and it is now time to STAND IN AGREEMENT with what heaven has ALREADY DECREED.
“You have a mighty arm; strong is your hand, high your right hand. Righteousness and justice are the foundation of your throne; steadfast love and faithfulness go before you. Blessed are the people who know the festal shout, who walk, O Lord, in the light of your face, who exult in your name all the day and in your righteousness are exalted.” (Ps 89:13-16 ESV)
Pass it on!! ”
I sensed the same as I was praying last night. This came across my newsfeed this morning.
This is Pastor Bob Bellingar from Florida. The Lord told me to do what King Jeosphat did when the enemy was advancing. Praise God. They had a choir from the temple priests. We r a kingdom of priests and our Chief aim is to glorify God and to enjoy Him for ever
Thank you for praying for the migrant caravan. They do need compassion and the gospel. Praying that churches near the border can reach out prophetically.
We also need to pray for our government whose role is different from the church. Our government is entrusted with order, protection and justice.
May God use the sword of the Spirit and the sword of Government for his purposes.
This is what I wrote in my journal a few days ago while pondering the state/plight of our world. I offer it for discernment:
“Lord, bring grace back into our cynical and cruel world.
We are still YOUR people whom You created.
Have mercy upon us and rekindle grace.
We must storm the gates of hell once more – with grace and the love of God.
Speak to Your People Lord!
Show us how to respond and use our powerful tools of grace and love in the power of Your Holy Spirit. Amen.”
A couple things that have been on my heart of late and that I’ve been led to pray for resonate with some of these Discerning the Times concerns.
1 – the need to pray for christian(s)/groups to go to the border and create a wall of prayer, as well as aiding where there is need. However – prayer is key and needs to go before and be in the midst of this aid, unleashing the power of the Spirit to heal, deliver, and set free those hurting and in need. Also for the Lord to expose the plans of the enemy and root out those evil plans, utilizing what our government has put in place to do so (with wisdom and proper restraint). Wouldn’t it be amazing to see and hear of reports of revival on our borders? Perhaps some tents set up will become tents of worship, healing, and prayer.
2. – We all see, know, and experience the unrest and division of our times. There is a volatility we have not seen in awhile – perhaps ever. But It feels to me to resemble the 1960’s, though ratcheted up a bit. In the ’60’s there was a lost, disillusioned youth culture seeking fulfillment and meaning. There was a rock star President, war, assassinations, anger, unrest, a window opened to immoral sexual expression and drug usage. People began to distrust government. There were good marches by Godly leaders for real justice. There were riots on colleges campuses and bombings from the Weather Underground. It’s interesting that this was the time of the Jesus Movement. A rise of young people encountering Jesus and Charismatic Renewal. Today we’ve have just lived through 8 years of one rock star President (in terms of popularity) and in some circles another rock star president. Simultaneously there is anger, unrest, war, a larger door opened to immoral sexual expression, drug usage rising (including legalization of substances), and great division. There have been assassination attempts on members of congress (both parties) and what I call, targeted assassinations on citizens. There are marches and riots by groups trying to disrupt the government – the seeds of anarchy being sown and taking root, beginning to bloom. So – similarities between the sixties and today – but also differences. The wheat and tares grow together. Even though there was a Jesus Movement and Charismatic Renewal – there was also more divorce, abortion, greed, abuses of power, etc. Today there are young people raised in the Evangelical movement that have left the moorings of scriptural orthodoxy and traded it in for cultural relevancy (I’ll put that in the confusion/disillusionment camp). Many young people today are the children and grandchildren of abandonment by mothers and fathers not staying together, or by co-habitation, LGBT parenting, etc. I believe this compounds mistrust, anger, disillusionment. I guess I’m saying all this because I think this is an opportunity to pray for and expect God to move in a bigger way than He did in the ’60’s. Where there is so much unrest and chaos and storms, with the enemy of our souls stirring these winds into tornadic angst, there is Christ who can stand in the midst of the storm and say “peace be still”. There is the follower of Jesus who is encouraged to, commanded to, stand in that place and also speak to these storms.
I’m just thinking and wondering if there is something to this in how to pray – not just for generic revival or renewal – but for the Holy Spirit to break in once again in the midst of the protesting and cause young people and old people alike to recognize their emptiness and cry out to Jesus – to repent – to hear the call to come home to him. Politics and policy will never solve our ills, as we know, but encountering Jesus will.
My husband recently returned from a trip to India. He met an older man in a village who had scars from surgery to remove callouses on his knees because he spent so much time on them praying for years for India. Where are my callouses? Where are the callouses of the Church today?