The release of Andrew Brunson from imprisonment in Turkey has been a huge answer to prayers we have been praying for the last two years. It is a time to be thankful for what the Lord has done.
But while we are thankful for what God has done for Andrew we still need to be active in intercession to see God’s kingdom prevail against what seems to be spirits of anarchy and lawlessness at work here in the United States.
The series of events, taking place on many levels before the midterm elections seem to be an orchestrated attempt to create the conditions favorable to stirring up the Marxist/Hegelian dialectic. I wrote about this dialectic in previous issues of Discerning the Times. Example: Supreme Court Nomination Disrupted
- The orchestrated chaos which attempted to derail the Brett Kavanaugh confirmation process seemed intent on destroying the due process of law and rational discourse in the Senate. Our senators were exercising their Constitutional role of giving advice and consent regarding the President’s selection of justices to sit on the Supreme Court.
- After losing the battle to block the confirmation of Brett Kavanaugh, occultists and practitioners of witchcraft publicly announced formal rituals to curse Brett Kavanaugh.
- Primitive pipe bombs were sent to public figures by what appears to be a fervent Trump supporter. The public figures had all voiced strong criticism of President Trump.
- The terrible shooting which murdered 11 people at the Sabbat service at the Tree of Life synagogue near Pittsburg, PA, by a man who wanted to “Kill all Jews.”
- The caravan of migrants in Mexico which is growing in numbers as it proceeds toward the US border. In the midst of the people in this caravan, there are young men who are carrying flags from their nations from which they are supposedly fleeing. They are approaching the border in such numbers as to overwhelm the due process of legal immigration.
- Between now and the election on November 6th additional events are likely to stir the pot.
These events have been the unrelenting focus of the national media. The reporting has largely interpreted them in the most negative light for the Trump Administration.
There seems to be an orchestrated cascading of events guided by some malevolent, invisible hand. What is this invisible hand? It is the work of the enemy of God’s Kingdom, Satan.
Focus on the real enemy
Frankly, the facts are not all in on any of these events. We cannot at this time definitively confirm or disprove either a relationship between them or who the people are that the enemy may have used to orchestrate the events.
Speculation abounds but some links are emerging.
In this Discerning the Times I do not want to join the cacophony of voices speculating about the people who are involved.
As more facts come to light, we will no doubt be called to engage in Battlespace Two – the interface between the human and demonic leaders of the strongholds through which Satan is at work in the world. Indeed, we have already had some engagements.
Our focus needs to be the spiritual powers at work behind what we see. Scripture tells us that “… our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world rulers of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavens.” (Ephesians 6:12 NET)
It seems to me that the gates of Hell have cracked open to unleash demons commissioned to attack the United States government.
Their strategy appears to be to stir up chaos and anarchy in order to overwhelm our democratic institutions, the rule of law, and rational civic discourse.
I believe Jesus is calling us to step in at this high level to shut down the demonic interference. Currently, I am continuing in the process of discernment, while also being called into applying certain tactics.
I submit these tactics to you for discernment. Please pass on any discernment you may have about applying them so that we may work together in this.
- Pray, “Thy Kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven.” This I believe is the prayer that God’s glory and presence will rule, will be manifested on earth—especially in the midst of the political clashes taking place in America at this time before this midterm election.
- Pray that this manifestation of God’s presence will drive into the light any demonic entities or Satanic schemes that are at work in the USA.
- Pray for those in authority to be anointed by the Holy Spirit. This includes President Trump, but also other political leaders both Republican and Democrat. Pray that they may speak words which the Lord can use for blessing and as the means to accomplish God’s purposes in preserving America for His Kingdom purposes. This will include constraining the evil that Satan is stirring up in the world, as well as the positive work of healing and wholeness.
Praying for the President
I believe our President is indeed speaking words of blessing and healing. As an example, President Trump’s visit to the Jewish center in Pittsburg demonstrated his compassion.
But through the uproar of the liberal press Trump’s actions are turned to Satan’s purposes. As for instance, they blamed the shooting at the Tree of Life Synagogue on Trump. (Watch the commentators on CNN and other news outlets attempting to get the Rabbi to condemn Trump for the event.)
- Pray against the twisting work of Satan to destroy what is spoken by the President for blessing.
- Pray in agreement with the prayers of Andrew and Norine Brunson which they prayed over President Trump. You can witness their prayer recorded on this video and ask the Lord to answer.
Our Opportunity to “Steal the March” from the enemy
Now I want to turn your attention to another area of guidance that came from Steve Aceto in a letter he just sent me. This is a focus on the caravan of refugees approaching the American border. Here is what he wrote.
“I am considering whether to ask you to call the intercessors to discernment and prayer regarding reports of a wave of Central American refugees – the number is reported to be 7,500-10,000 which may not be all that high but the reporting itself is of course subject to manipulation – headed for the US southern border.
“I understand the President has promised to send US troops to the border and that the Mexican government has scrambled to restrain the incursion on their territory as well (I understand Mexico has very strict immigration laws though I don’t know whether or how they are enforced).
“Consider whether this is an opportunity for Christians to pray for wisdom and discernment for leaders and law enforcement on both sides of the border, and that the Church would respond compassionately and decisively under the leading of the Holy Spirit to the march of Central American refugee immigrants to the US southern border by stealing the march – so to speak – from the powers of darkness.
“There is potential for many innocent people, primarily of course the immigrants themselves but also the larger community in the US and Mexico, to be caught up in another attempt at cynical “dialectic” manipulation of the response by the US and Mexican administrations and media coverage, intended to manipulate US elections and further the polarization of our people.
‘But cynical manipulation by powers of darkness should not be the big story. The big story is instead real potential for God’s people to respond by intercession and acts expressing the love of the Heavenly Father for sheep for whom there is no shepherd, under the leading of the Holy Spirit, by “stealing the march” from the enemy.
Consider these verses from the Old Testament about how Israel was called by the Lord to deal with aliens and strangers in their land.
- Leviticus 19:33-34, 23:22, 24:16 and 22, 25:6 and 35, 25:23-28
- Numbers 15:14-16, 29-30
- Deuteronomy 1:16, 5:14, 10:18-19, 14:29, 24:17, 26:12-13, 27:19″
- Pray for a compassionate response from the church demonstrating the love of Christ which would overshadow any plans of the enemy.
- Pray that the church would respond in such a way so that the march is stolen from the enemy and used for kingdom advancement.
- Pray for the mobilization of Christian humanitarian groups who can offer aid and share the gospel with those who are in need.
- Pray for the families and individuals who are dealing with legitimate struggles and fears and who are caught up in this caravan. Pray that they would experience compassion
Please discern this carefully and get back to Martin and me as soon as possible.