“Praying in the Next Great Awakening”
Concerts of Prayer at the Community of the Cross for Igniting the Next Great Awakening
November 10-12, 2021
When? November 10-12, 2021 Where? At the Community of the Cross
- Is the Lord giving you a burden to pray for revival, to exalt Jesus Christ, to be empowered by the Holy Spirit, and grow biblical faith in the Church?
- Do you have a passion for the fulfillment of the Great Commission to take the Gospel of Jesus Christ to all the earth?
- Are you concerned for the state of our nations (Canada, UK, USA, and others) that are under massive assault from without and within?
- Is the Lord giving you a burden to pray and work for the Next Great Awakening that, as past, such moves of God have done, would ignite the Church of Jesus Christ in the Power of the Holy Spirit and transform society according to biblical principles?
If so, we are inviting you to join us at the Community of the Cross for a “Praying in the Next Great Awakening” Concerts of Prayer –for God the Father to pour out the Holy Spirit upon us for a new and deeper anointing so that we may take part in igniting and nurturing outpourings of the Holy Spirit wherever we are called, that we pray in what will become the Next Great Awakening.
The event will start the morning of Wednesday, November the 10, at 9:00 am. The Leadership team will arrive the day before and meet for supper on November 9. We will conclude the Concerts of Prayer on Friday night, November 12, so plan to depart on Saturday. This will be an onsite event at the Community of the Cross but will be video streamed.
Prayer Concerts will take place for each day (November 10-12) around each of the three R.A. Torrey Essentials that God has historically used to ignite great outpourings of the Holy Spirit.
1. Bringing all people to faith in Jesus Christ or recommitment to Jesus Christ so they may be born again into the Kingdom of God. (Acts 2:46-47, 4:12)
2. The Baptism with the Holy Spirit, in which Christians are empowered and anointed to be witnesses to Jesus Christ. (Acts 1:4-8)
3. The work of earnest intercession for the outpouring of the Holy Spirit through which God the Father will manifest His presence on earth. (Acts 2, 4:23- 31
To these major themes, we will add the following components, which are adapted from the Moravians, so that God may move from an outpouring of the Holy Spirit to a Great Awakening.
- A rigorous call to discipleship that included holiness, accountability, worship, and prayer.
- Unity, love, and fellowship between believers in Christ Jesus alone. (John 17)
- The One New Humanity: Born again Jews and Gentiles together. (Ephesian 2:11-22)
- Living the Kingdom of God together in Biblical Justice and Equality. (Micah 6:8, Gen 1:27-28)
- Sending out anointed emissaries to ignite outpourings of the Holy Spirit. (Acts 8:14-17, 10:44-48)
Each Concert will be broken into different “symphonies,” each with several movements, different themes, and focus.
When you say “yes!” to the Lord’s call to take part in these Prayer Concerts, there will be some pre-work to be done through a series of short online videos. These videos will bring you into the specific guidance that 1) we received God’s master plans for preparing for and igniting outpourings of the Holy Spirit and 2) how these outpourings may become the Next Great Awakening which transforms the Church of Jesus Christ and the nations.
We invite you to join us by praying into reality this outpouring of the Holy Spirit to become the Next Great Awakening. This prayer gathering is for all whom the Lord is giving a burden to pray in the next outpouring of the Holy Spirit, which will give glory to Jesus and advance His Kingdom.
These “Prayer Concerts” at the COC are part of a great river of intercessory prayer for a great revival that is taking place worldwide.
Our vision is that this first “Prayer Concerts” Event for the Next Great Awakening will be duplicated worldwide to prepare diverse locations, including local congregations, for the fiery coals of revival fire to fall. Our prayer is that those called to take part in this prayer Concert will be called and anointed to take part in this next great move of the Holy Spirit.
Covering the Earth with His Glory
These outpourings of the Holy Spirit that we are called to pray in and take part in igniting have the potential to become the next Great Awakening resulting in fulfilling the Great Commission and the manifest presence of God the Father to fulfill the prophetic vision that:
For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea. (Habakkuk 2:14 RV)
There is no charge for this event,
You will be asked to form the community through meal preparation and clean-up. Offerings will be taken to cover the cost of administration, the food, and the financial provision to promote and extend this prayer initiative of praying in the Next Great Awakening.
Masks and social distancing practices will be required at the Community of the Cross in alignment with the current guidelines for the state of North Carolina. Subject to change.
“Great revivals always begin first in the hearts of a few men and women whom God arouses by His Spirit to believe in Him as a living God, as a God who answers prayer, upon whose heart He lays a burden from which no rest can be found except in importunate crying unto God.”R.A. Torrey.
[…] have been praying for the Next Great Awakening Concerts of Prayer event on November 10-12, 2021, at the Community of the Cross, Black Mountain, NC. It will be a prayer […]