Preparing for the Next Great Awakening in the Power of the Holy Spirit
June 6-10, 2022, at the Community of the Cross, Black Mountain, NC
This event aims to equip individuals and small teams to cooperate with Jesus to see outpourings of the Holy Spirit, which could lead to revival and the Next Great Awakening.
This prayer and equipping event will provide the foundation for understanding how the Next Great Awakening fits into the global movements of the Holy Spirit, igniting the church to fulfill the Great Commission. We will look at how awakenings transform social structures as God the Father fulfills the prayer that Jesus taught us to pray, “Thy Kingdom Come they will be done on earth as it is in heaven.”
This equipping is intended for:
- Those whom the Lord is calling to create containers where outpourings of the Holy Spirit can take place.
- Those who are called to pray and intercede for the Next Great Awakening.
- Those whom Jesus is calling to be the catalysts who can help ignite moves of the Holy Spirit.
- Those whom the Lord has called to help facilitate these moves and create containers.
- Those small teams praying for outpourings of the Holy Spirit in their congregations and neighborhoods.
Fundamentals for a Next Great Awakening
Participants will be enabled to apply these three phases of revival: preparing the altar, igniting the fire, and growing the revival into various venues and contexts, as well as incorporating the three R.A. Torrey essentials and the two Goforth foundations to establish ministry containers, which the Holy Spirit can use to empower and ignite revival and awakening.
This event will be held onsite at the Community of the Cross in Black Mountain, NC. It will start with supper on Monday, June 6, and run through supper on Thursday, June 9. For those unable to attend in person, parts of the event will be live-streamed over zoom.
We will provide teaching on various topics that are needed for individuals and for teams to play their role in both praying in and igniting outpourings of the Holy Spirit.
The teaching will be offered by those who are well experienced in cooperating with Jesus Christ in outpourings of the Holy Spirit.
Potential Teaching Topics
The final schedule of plenary and small group sessions is still being discerned but may include
- Learning the art of, Of Holy Spirit led Harp and Bowl worship and intercession. (Doug and Carla McMurry)
- Forming Cohorts for Focused Intercessory Prayer. (Martin Boardman)
- Providing Prayer Cover for the Outpouring of the Holy Spirit – in your Church or Community. (Mary Ellen Conners)
- Preparing your congregation for Mobilizing Congregations for prayer and preparing for Outpourings of the Holy Spirit and for advancing the Kingdom of God. (Mary Sterenberg)
- Understanding the R.A. Torrey Three Keys and the Goforth Two foundations for igniting Great Revivals. (Brad Long)
- Creating Containers or adapting PRMI Programs for the three phases of preparing for outpourings of the Holy Spirit in your venture. (Brad Long and Team)
- How is God calling us PRMI to Ignite moves of the Holy Spirit among the millennials and younger generations in captivity to Woke culture. ( James Kearny)
- Providing healing and deliverance ministry as Jesus sends a healing revival. (Cindy Strickler)
- The work of high-level intercession and spiritual warfare in preparing the way for the outpouring of the Holy Spirit locally and globally. (Brad Long)
Immediately following the equipping event, two prayer events will demonstrate possible models that can be applied in other locations (These prayer events will not be live-streamed).
A prayer evening: Thursday, June 9, from 7:00 to 9:00 pm
A day of prayer: Friday, June 10 from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Participants at the equipping event will have the opportunity to be involved in the leadership of these two events.